School of Education
Message from the Dean
Shelley Robbins, Ph.D.
The hallmark of students who complete a program of studies in the School of Education at Holy Family University is a love of learning, a passion that manifests itself in two ways. The first is a drive for both personal and professional growth, resulting in a mastery of content to be taught and the pedagogical skills needed to create effective classrooms.
The second is an affirmation of the dignity of each human person. Students take the initiative to learn about others and the diverse viewpoints they contribute to society. Their passion for learning is rooted in their deep respect for students, parents and colleagues; a respect that prompts them to provide the kind of instruction that will maximize student achievement and challenge themselves and others to think deeply about their experiences and their learning.
Our graduates lead by example and model for their students and colleagues the intellectual and moral rigor that characterizes the very best of educators.
The School of Education and many of its programs are widely regarded as being among the best in the region. In addition to our first-rate academic programs, the faculty within the School are committed to addressing some of society’s most critical needs. Our renowned faculty are thought leaders in education and practitioner-educators, and are driven by the conviction that their work in the classroom and in the community should benefit the City of Philadelphia, the region, and the world.
Top School of Education Must-Reads
- Basic Skills Assessment Policy
- School of Education Admission Requirements
- Learn More About Our Field Placement
- Clearance Information
- Certification Information
- Career Opportunities in PA
- Early Childhood Education Pathway Program Pre K-4, B.S.
- Education, Concentration in Pre K-4, B.A.
- Education, Concentration in Pre K-4/Special Education Pre K-12, B.A.
- Education, Pre K-12 Education, Certification in Art, B.A.
- Education, Pre K-12 Education, Certification in Special Education, B.A.
- Education, Secondary Education, Certification in Biology, B.A.
- Education, Secondary Education, Certification in English, B.A.
- Education, Secondary Education, Certification in Mathematics, B.A.
- Education, Secondary Education, Certification in Social Studies, B.A.
- Autism Endorsement Program, M.Ed.
- Education Administration Certification (Pennsylvania Principal Certification), M.Ed.
- Educational Leadership with Principal Certification, M.Ed.
- Educational & Organizational Leadership, Ed.D.
- ESL Program Specialist Certification, M.Ed.
- Initial Teacher Certification, Pre K-4, M.Ed.
- Initial Teacher Certification, Special Education Pre K-12, M.Ed.
- Special Education Pre K-12 with Autism Endorsement, M.Ed.
- Master of Education, M.Ed.
- Online Instruction Endorsement Program, M.Ed.
- Reading Specialist Teacher Certification, M.Ed.
- Special Education Teacher Certification, M.Ed.