- Identify and develop those resources necessary to support a culture of data-driven decision-making throughout the campus community. (Fact Book, data-mart, etc.)
- Facilitate and coordinate assessment initiatives at the institutional and School levels. (Title III, data analysis, systematic survey cycle, etc.)
- Educate the campus community on the availability and use of data in assessment, planning, budget, and other institutional effectiveness activities. (Research Briefs, KPIs, presentations of data, etc.)
- Optimize extraction, storage, and use of data by end users though the identification, recommendation, and implementation of appropriate technological support.
- Develop and implement ongoing program of personal and professional development in dialogue with senior administration to optimize potential and service to the University.
- The Office will produce an annual Fact Book every Fall semester to support planning and decision-making that will be broadly distributed and used.
- The Office will coordinate and lead all reporting (voluntary and required) of institutional data in a timely and accurate manner. To assist in this capacity the Office will maintain an institutional data warehouse or data mart with consistent and comparable data across semesters and years (fiscal and academic).
- The Office will develop and implement a systematic survey cycle to support the assessment of student learning and institutional effectiveness processes at the University. This cycle will include all major University constituencies (UG students, GR students, Faculty, and Staff).
- The Office will maintain benchmark data on all of the Universities Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide at least an annual update of comparison of those KPIs to peer and aspirant institutions.
Director of University Assessment